Last Updated on July 19, 2022
Larry Connors is the principal executive officer of Connors Research Group, LLC and Chairman of The Connors Group (TCG). The Connors Research Group publishes daily market insights and commentaries, and it has been listed as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies by Entrex.
With over 30 years of industry experience, Connors is regarded as one of the leading educators in the financial market industry. He has written more than 20 books on market strategies and volatility trading, including the book titled, Short-Term Trading Strategies That Work and Street Smarts (with Linda Raschke). The book was regarded as one of “The Classics” for trading in the twentieth century by the Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine. Larry Connors is famous for mostly making mean reversion trading strategies.
In this article, we look at Larry Connors’ early life, career, trading strategies, and quotes.
Larry Connors’ early life and career
He earned his degree from Ohio University in Athens in 1972. He was a member of Who’s Who of college students and part of the selected few who became a member of the Ohio University J Club.
He kick-started his career in 1982, working as an Investment Advisor at Merill Lynch, and became Vice President with Donaldson Jenrette, working with the Investment Services Group for four years. He was the owner of Orlando Computer Corp from 1982-90, operating in Cincinnati, Ohio, and central Florida, providing software and hardware.
The Connors Group is a real estate investment firm founded by Connor, Murphy & Buhrman in 1992, but Connor later bought out his partners to become the owner, launching The Connor Group in 2003. For the next eighteen years, the firm’s assets grew from $100 million to $3.7 billion.
In April 2019, Connor, together with Patrick Lahey, President and Co-founder of Triton submarine, completed three dives to the deepest part of the ocean in five days in a Triton submarine 36000/2 (DSV Limiting Factor). Larry Connors said, “To complete three dives in just five days into the darkest, most inhospitable, and unknown parts of Earth is an endeavor I was honored to be a part of.”
He’s a private pilot and has participated in many aerobic competitions, circuit racing, and off-road racing. On January 26, 2021, Larry would pilot the first private crew to visit the International Space Station in 2022. It will make Larry the third oldest person to see space after John Glenn and Wally Funk on the much-anticipated date. Larry is a member of the National Council of Mclean Hospital since 2008, working as a strategic partner with Mayo Clinic.
He and The Connor Group has received several recognitions and awards, including the best Small and Medium-Sized Companies, Glassdoor Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US (2014), a nomination to the Dayton Magazine (2017), multiple Dayton Business Journal Top 100 Businesses in the Region, Best Company Culture and Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces in Ohio (2020).
Larry Connors has been quoted and featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg TV & Radio, Bloomberg Magazine, Barron’s, Technical Analysis of Stocks, Yahoo Finance, and E-Trade Financial daily. He has also been a guest speaker at numerous Investment seminars and conferences for over two decades.
Larry Connors trading strategies
- Larry Connors’ Double Seven strategy (Double 7 trading strategy)
- Larry Connors’ multiple days up and multiple days down strategy
- Larry Connors’ %b strategy (Bollinger Bands)
- Larry Connors’ R3 strategy
- Larry Connors’ RSI 25 & RSI 75 strategy
- Larry Connors’ 3-day high/low strategy
Larry Connors is strictly a mechanical trader.
Larry Connors trading indicators
Connors RSI is a well-known indicator that we backtested.
Other famous traders and their trading strategies
- Top motivational trading quotes
- How Jim Simons’ trading strategies Made 66% A Year (The Medallion Fund)
- Ray Dalio – life, investment strategies, and philosophy
- Jesse Livermore – The World’s Most Legendary Trader? (Trading strategy quotes)
- Richard Dennis – The Turtle Trader (trend follower)
- William Eckhardt – The mathematical trader (An early Nassim Taleb)
- Stanley Druckenmiller – George Soros’ left hand
- Paul Tudor Jones – Maverick Trader (quotes and strategies)
- Micheal Steinhardt – To Make Money Is Should Be A Little Painful
- David Einhorn – investment strategy and philosophy
- Bill Ackman – investment strategy and philosophy
- Steve Cohen – Stock Market Wizard
- Mark Douglas – All About The Correct Trading Strategy Mindset
- Steve Clark – hedge fund strategy market wizard
- Larry Williams – Indicator Innovator, Strategy Trader, And Tax Rebellion
- Jim Rogers – The Adventurist Macro Trader
- Larry Hite – All About Trading Strategy Risk
- Randy McKay – Market Wizard currency strategy trader
- Michael Marcus – The First Trading Strategy Market Wizard
- Charles Faulkner – Trading strategy trader and programmer
- Richard Driehaus – Turtle Strategy Trader
- Dana Galante – the Market Wizard short seller
- Linda Raschke – Tape Reading Trading Strategy
- Nicolas Darvas – How I made $2,000,000 In The Stock Market
- David Shaw – the king of quant – quant trading strategy
- Van K. Tharp – The psychology of trading
- Rob Hanna – Quantifiable Edges
- Ahmet Okumus – From Istanbul to Wall Street
- Steve Watson – Small cap investor
- Gil Blake – The master of consistency
- Blair Hull – All about the trading edge
- Howard Seidler – an original Turtle Trader (The Turtle Experiment)
- Steve Lescarbeau – mutual fund trader
- Tom Basso – Mr. Serenity
- Bruce Kovner – Trade Small And Manage Risk
- Michael Carr – Trader, Motivator, And Speaker
- Bill Lipschutz – FOREX trader
- Brett Steenbarger – All About Trading Psychology
- Joe Ritchie – an early quant in the option markets
- Micheal Masters – Stock Market Wizard
- Monroe Trout – one of the first Market Wizards
- Alexander Elder – Trading Author And Indicator Innovator
- Mark Ritchie – Master Option Trader (God In The Pits)
- Alphonse Fletcher Jr. – Triple Digit Returns
- Mark Minervini – stock market wizard trader
- Mark D. Cook – market wizard trader and investor (Net worth and strategy)
- Jeffrey Yass – the founder of Susquehanna
- Claudio Guazzoni – Multillingual trader
- Micheal Lauer – Stock Market Wizard?
Larry Connors trading strategy quotes
I get real, real concerned when I see trading strategies with too many rules (you should too).
And if someone doesn’t want to take the time to learn how to trade, they can turn on the television and have the stock picks fed to them all day long.
Another part of the good is the advanced ability to quantify strategies.
The not so good news is that many of the edges I saw in the 1990s are no longer there. Markets have become more efficient.
For many it’s the never ending challenge of figuring out a game that may be the most complex and fascinating game in the world (the stock market).
…..the edges can be maximized with the proper exits.
Buy pullbacks, not breakouts.
Buy the market after it’s dropped; not after it’s risen.
Buy stocks above their 200-day moving average, not below.
Use the VIX to your advantage … Buy the fear, sell the greed.
It pays to hold positions overnight.