Trading Psychology Guide
Last Updated on September 25, 2022
Because of drawdowns and trading biases you might not succeed even with the best trading strategies on the planet. Empirical evidence suggests that the main obstacle for most traders and investors is our in-grained biases (cognitive errors).
If you want to read more about this subject, we recommend Rolf Dobelli’s The Art Of Thinking Clearly. It’s a quick read and funny read, but it covers practically all of the cognitive errors we make in everyday life.
The articles below might indicate why:
Trading biases in trading and investing:
- What Does FOMO Mean In Trading?
- How to overcome trading biases (tips, tricks, and hacks)
- The most common trading biases (how to deal with them)
- Is focusing on psychology overrated in trading? Do this instead
- Habits of rich, wealthy, and successful traders
- Behavioral mistakes in trading
- The correct mindset in trading (mindset of a trader)
- If you can´t suffer the pain, don´t play the game
- How to gain a trading edge by knowing yourself
- Be aware your ego, be humble and open-minded in trading (case-study: Okumus Capital)
- Why intelligence and overconfidence in trading is bad
- Don´t waste your youth dreaming about getting rich trading
- Things to consider before trading full time (don’t quit your job)
Personality types for trading:
- Personality test for traders: Can you become a trader or a quant?
- What is the best personality type for trading? (Who succeeds as traders – introverts or extroverts)
Fear in trading:
- Is fear good or bad in trading? (How to overcome fear in trading)
- How to overcome fear of loss in trading