NEW! Trading Edges
In a few weeks, we start a subscription service called Trading Edges. If you register today you are eligible for a discount of 40%.
Before you look at our trading strategies, you might want to read our article about what quantified strategies is about:
- How to deal with drawdowns
- What is a good trading strategy?
- What are quantified strategies?
- How to become a successful quant trader
- How to find trading edges in the markets (with examples)
- Why build a portfolio of quantified strategies (including two strategies)
S&P 500 strategies:
- What happens after a sell-off on the first day of the month?
- The January effect that works
- The January effect in the S&P 500
- The end of the year rally in the S&P 500
- Moving average and ATR as mean reversion
- S&P 500 mean reversion using IBS and RSI
- An overnight short strategy in the S&P 500
- Buy when the S&P 500 makes new intraday high?
- RSI(2) on SPY
- Big moves on Mondays – update
- End of month strategy in the S&P 500 – update
- 3 down days – and gap up?
- 3 day low in ETFs
- What happens after an “extraordinary” big fall in the S&P 500?
- Does volume really matter in the S&P 500?
- When SPY opens on a 5 day low, but close is higher than open
- When both Thursday and Friday is down
- A failed bounce is normally followed by rising prices
- When SPY closes on 20 day high on Mondays and Tuesdays
- How to make money from the close until tomorrow’s open in SPY, part 2
- When SPY falls two times more than average change
- When SPY diverges from recent high and low: a day trading strategy
- How to make money from the close until tomorrow’s open in SPY/S&P 500
- When SPY closes near the bottom of its range but still positive for the day
- Two big down days in a row in SPY
- A momentum strategy in SPYduring the last hour
- New five day low and SPY closes in the low of the range
- Opening gaps in SPY/S&P 500, part 3, the anatomy of fading gaps
- When SPY closes in the bottom of today’s range
- Opening gaps in SPY/S&P 500, part 2
- Opening gaps in SPY/S&P 500, part 1
- At what time of the day does SPY/S&P 500set high and low?
- Using the VIX to trade S&P 500
- The trend is not your friend in the S&P 500 (and other indices)
- End of month strategy in the S&P 500
- Tuesday reversals in the S&P 500
- Day of week seasonality in the S&P 500
- Daily seasonalities in the S&P 500
- Buy every open down?
- Four down days and up?
- RSI(2) on QQQ (Nasdaq)
- Monday/Tuesday trade in Nasdaq
- Nasdaq (QQQ) mean reversion
- Monday/Tuesday trade in Nasdaq
- Some monthly seasonalities in US Treasury bills
- Monthly seasonalities in long-term Treasuries
- Daily effects in long-term Treasuries
XLP (consumer staples) strategies:
- A simple rotational system among low beta stocks
- Internal bar strength in consumer staples
- Trade the boring consumer stocks when they open down and yesterday was a down day
- When XLP diverges from recent high and low
One or more instruments:
- Larry Connors’ multiple days up and multiple days down
- Larry Connors’ %b strategy (Bollinger Bands)
- Larry Connors’ R3 strategy
- Larry Connors’ RSI 25 & RSI 75
- Larry Connors’ 3-day high/low method
- Market neutral momentum in SPY and EEM
- Monthly momentum in SPY and EEM
- Monthly momentum in SPY and TLT
- A monthly momentum strategy in ETFs
- A simple pair trading strategy in liquid ETFs
Day trading strategies:
- A new potential day trading strategy, part2
- A new potential day trading strategy
- SPY sets low or high in the last hour – a day trading strategy
- How I made money day trading (tips, tricks and hacks)
Indicators and how they work (with strategies):
- Heikin Ashi explained (how to use it)
- Do candlesticks work? A quantitative test of 23 candlestick formations
- Does the MACD indicator work? (Including strategies)
- Are the Bollinger Bands profitable?
- Are moving averages good or useless (quantified analysis)?
- Ways to use ADX (Average Directional Index) – does it work?
- How the RSI indicator works (how to use it in trading)
- The internal bar strength (IBS) indicator
- The Elder Ray Indicator (with examples): Does it work?
- Retail seasonalities
- The Sharpe Ratio Explained (with examples)
- The profit factor explained (with examples)
- Why scalping is a waste of time (do this instead)
- Why you shouldn’t trade penny stocks (why avoid them)
- September is the worst month of the year
- Sell in May and go away – OBX (Oslo Stock Exchange)
- Shorting oil when the dollar rises
- The Friday Seasonality in USO (oil)
- December seasonality in OBX (Oslo Stock Exchange)
- What is more important? Entry or exit?
- Pivot points – are they profitable?
- Candlestick pattern – doji
- Gap down strategy in stocks – going long
- How to profit from the Russell 2000 end of June
Disclosure: We are not financial advisors. Please do your own due diligence and investment research or consult a financial professional. All articles are our opinions – they are not suggestions to buy or sell any securities.