Last Updated on July 22, 2022 by Oddmund Groette
Michael Carr is an American investor, a Chartered Market Technician (CMT), writer, and speaker with a successful career in financial service. He is a Certified Financial Technician (CFT), a long-term member of the chartered market technicians association, where he served as a contributing editor for smart profits daily. Mike is also a Level II Investment Analyst and a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC).
In this article, we look at Carr’s life and trading career.
Micheal Carr’s early life and career:
Mike earned a Bachelor’s degree in pre-law studies from the Abilene Christian University in Abilene, Texas, and studied accounting and finance at Oklahoma State University.
He served in the U.S. Air Force, and began his career in the Pentagon, where he participated in installing the facility’s first LAN – an early version of what we now call modern internet. Mike was involved in deploying state-of-the-art radar systems which track Soviet aircraft during the late part of the Cold War.
Mike described his experience of the war as “a field where there is no room for error.” It is this experience that enabled him to acquire the skills to trade the market.
He began his financial career with Merill Lynch, where he served as a financial consultant, and later went to become the director and branch manager at UBS Wealth Management in Austin, Texas. Afterward, Micheal Carr became VP and district manager at SWS Group — a private bank serving California, Texas, and the Southwest of United States. Mike currently serves at FMP Wealth Advisers in Austin, Texas, as a lead adviser and partner, helping clients to make informed decisions about their finances.
Mike created Peak Velocity Trader, a customized indicator created to profit from change in momentum, and Precision Profits, an indicator that is focused on time-tested seasonal trends. Mike has invested thousands of his own money in researching and testing his systems. The system has proved to work, bringing home consistent triple-digit returns for a short time frame, including two weeks and sometimes days.
Mike’s current service, One Trade, focuses on trading options that are on the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average Exchange Traded Fund (DJIA ETF) for chances of making returns of 100% or more per week.
Mike founded the Consistency Initiative in 2011, a platform where he speaks on the concept of a “new brain science of achievement.” He says, “Our brains were designed to solve puzzles. They remember what we don’t remember or what we don’t remember we remember. They secretly know where to grab answers that fit into other answers to give us our answer. As long as we keep asking.”
Mike has been named “World Champion of Public Speaking Semi-finalist” twice.
Micheal Carr has contributed to several publications on trading: SFO Magazine and Futures Magazine, Journal of Technical Analysis, and Money show. He authored many books, including “Smart Investing in Any Economy: The Definitive Guide to Relative Strength Investing (2008)” and “Conquering the Divide: How to Use Economic Indicators to Catch Stock Market Trends (2010).” He teaches Quantitative, Technical Analysis, and Fundamentals of Technical Analysis courses at the New York Institute of Finance.
Other famous traders and their trading strategies
- op motivational trading quotes
- How Jim Simons’ trading strategies Made 66% A Year (The Medallion Fund)
- Ray Dalio – life, investment strategies, and philosophy
- Jesse Livermore – The World’s Most Legendary Trader? (Trading strategy quotes)
- Richard Dennis – The Turtle Trader (trend follower)
- William Eckhardt – The mathematical trader (An early Nassim Taleb)
- Stanley Druckenmiller – George Soros’ left hand
- Paul Tudor Jones – Maverick Trader (quotes and strategies)
- Micheal Steinhardt – To Make Money Is Should Be A Little Painful
- David Einhorn – investment strategy and philosophy
- Bill Ackman – investment strategy and philosophy
- Steve Cohen – Stock Market Wizard
- Mark Douglas – All About The Correct Trading Strategy Mindset
- Steve Clark – hedge fund strategy market wizard
- Larry Williams – Indicator Innovator, Strategy Trader, And Tax Rebellion
- Jim Rogers – The Adventurist Macro Trader
- Larry Hite – All About Trading Strategy Risk
- Randy McKay – Market Wizard currency strategy trader
- Michael Marcus – The First Trading Strategy Market Wizard
- Charles Faulkner – Trading strategy trader and programmer
- Richard Driehaus – Turtle Strategy Trader
- Dana Galante – the Market Wizard short seller
- Linda Raschke – Tape Reading Trading Strategy
- Nicolas Darvas – How I made $2,000,000 In The Stock Market
- David Shaw – the king of quant – quant trading strategy
- Van K. Tharp – The psychology of trading
- Larry Connors – Mean Reversion Strategy Trader
- Rob Hanna – Quantifiable Edges (trading strategy)
- Ahmet Okumus – From Istanbul to Wall Street
- Steve Watson – Small cap trading strategy investor/trader
- Gil Blake – The master of trading strategy consistency
- Blair Hull – All about the trading edge
- Howard Seidler – the original Turtle Trading Strategy Trader (The Turtle Experiment)
- Steve Lescarbeau – mutual fund trading strategy
- Tom Basso – Mr. Serenity
- Bruce Kovner – Trade Small And Manage Risk (Trade Many Trading Strategies)
- Bill Lipschutz – FOREX trader
- Brett Steenbarger – All About Trading Psychology
- Joe Ritchie – an early quant in the option markets
- Micheal Masters – Stock Market Wizard
- Monroe Trout – one of the first Market Wizards
- Alexander Elder – Trading Author And Indicator Innovator
- Mark Ritchie – Master Option Trader (God In The Pits)
- Alphonse Fletcher Jr. – Triple Digit Returns
- Mark Minervini – stock market wizard trader
- Mark D. Cook – market wizard trader and investor (Net worth and strategy)
- Jeffrey Yass – the founder of Susquehanna
- Claudio Guazzoni – Multillingual trader
- Micheal Lauer – Stock Market Wizard?